Friday, October 30, 2009

not necessarily in order of importance

GaleZucker1009_458
My souvenir from last weekend: One skein of Lisa Souza yarn, in the colorway St Valentine's. It's a big honkin' 560 yards of Sock!merino. Perhaps an Ishbel? I've heard wearing red gives extra energy. Works for me.

I bet you thought I was going to say something about a Red Scarf for the Red Scarf Project right? No, but I'm working on that. You should too. Have you seen the prizes Norma has for those knitting and donating?
GaleZucker1009_402
GaleZucker1009_426
Last Sunday , sister Lulu needed to do some reconnaissance in a charming CT town, prepping for a meeting. I went along figuring, whynot? Great weather, a Bloody Mary at the historic tavern mid morning, a hike around the colonial harbour...what could be bad.
comp4
She had in mind walking in and out of every. single. charming. little shop...and the tavern didn't open till too late in the day.
GaleZucker1009_416
I think I've already made it clear how I feel about recreational shopping. Without the camera to give my morning purpose I'd have hung myself up on one of these lamp posts.
GaleZucker1009_433
I can't complain too much. Twee overload was offset by the sun.

PS. my friend Birdsong is having a contest over on her blog, she wants to know about life changing events in yours, as she just had a biggie. Go. Enter.

5 comments:

Mary Lou said...

But I hear red is really hard to photograph. My teacher told me so. I'm with you on recreational shopping, but looks like a lovely day. I have to get my prize over to Norma. I keep forgetting.

Birdsong said...

A lovely skein of yarn... and the photos of your tour are terrific. Thanks for the mention!

Carole Knits said...

I love the photos of the Halloween decorations.

Ellen Bloom said...

Ooooo...Lisa Souza yarn....gorgeous! Love the twist.

I know what you mean about recreational shopping. I used to be a contender in that arena. Now, I just take photos of the things I would have bought...a very inexpensive way to indulge!

As always, great Halloween photos, Gale!

twinsetellen said...

I try to view boutiques as museums. Without the gift shop.